In modern times, people are becoming busier and busier with their lives and do not have much time to find the correct life partner or someone they want to date. This is the reason why online dating sites are becoming incredibly popular, especially now. It makes the dating process much easier as you do not physically find someone or put in any effort. Today the only effort you need to put forward is to have a stable internet connection. That’s literally all!
There are plenty of dating websites available in the market, but Tinder and Match are among the most popular dating apps available. And of course, when there are multiple applications, the competition will definitely increase. Tinder is definitely the winner when popularity is considered because every individual out there who is either a teenager or an adult, Tinder is a known name to everyone.
But a winner cannot just be considered based on which application is more popular, right? This article will thoroughly discuss Tinder vs. Match and check out which one is the better option.
What is Tinder, and how does it work?
Tinder is an online dating application that basically focuses on the physical attraction between two people. You can set your own specified location range along with the gender. And Tinder will help you find matches within that criteria. It will also let you know whether you and your match have any mutual friends or not. And the decision is totally up to you whether you like that person or not. If you are interested in the profile of that person, you can right swipe on them. And if you are not, you need to leave a swipe.
Tinder is a free application, both for Android devices and IOS devices. You can download the application from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can either sign up for the application by using your Facebook account or through your phone number. In case you choose to sign up using your phone number, you will not be able to use the feature of extracting photos directly from your Facebook account.
After that, you need to create your own profile with your name, age, and a short bio, which you can customize according to what you want to express. All you need to do next is specify the location, gender, and age group you are interested in.
If you swipe right on someone’s profile and do the same to you, you can directly move the conversation to personal messages. Nowadays, Tinder has also added prompts like quick conversation starters you can directly add to your profile.
Features of Tinder
Tinder has been adding more and more features to attract a higher number of customers. Super like, which is possible when you tap the Blue Star icon while you are swiping on their profile. When you super like any profile, the person will receive an immediate notification that you have super liked their profile, and now they have a chance to have a look at yours. But you only get the opportunity to use this feature once per day, and hence you have to be extremely careful about it.
Another feature has been added recently, called ‘boost.’ It is a paid one, and it will push your profile to the top of the list for around half an hour. This feature is definitely not cheap, but it will increase the chances of you getting more matches.
Tinder Plus is perfect for you if you are actually serious that you want a match. You have to pay a monthly fee, after which you will be able to use Tinder without any and going as coming in between, and you will also receive one free boost every month. You can also super like 5 times per day, and there is also the rewind button for you to undo your last swipe.
This is one step ahead of Tinder plus, which will give you all the features of Tinder plus along with two interesting editions. One is the Likes You feature, which will let you see who has already swiped right on your profile. And another is the Top Picks feature. This feature allows you to view a selection of profiles selected, especially for you, by the Tinder algorithm.
What is Match, and how does it work?
The Match is one of the oldest online dating websites out there, being used by more than 24 countries. One great feature about this application is that there are no restrictions regarding how many people you can connect with. So if destiny allows, you will be able to find someone who matches your interest anywhere and anytime.
You can sign up without any payment on Match. Still, the free membership does not allow you to take advantage of all the amazing features. Using the paid membership, you will be able to send and receive messages and view the users who have seen your profile.
The paid membership also allows tracking the different useful connections, and you can also delete the users you are not interested in from your search results. This will help you to create space for more matches. You also get access to a private email address, which you can use to communicate privately and securely with the connections.
An advanced search feature lets you sort the user profiles according to different criteria like occupation and even exercise frequency. There are also many interesting features like daily mutual matches, single doubt, smart search, favorites, date spark, highlight messages, and more. The application also has seven games that you can play with a duration of 1 to 5 minutes.
Tinder VS Match – which one to go for?
- The competition is definitely very tough; it is tough to come up with one single winner. It is said that match is specially designed for long-term relationships, but then Tinder also has created some successful relationships.
- Match has been in the market for a longer time than Tinder, but Tinder has been more successful in the popularity department.
- Both their applications let you build your profile and choose your preferences. The average age range present in the Match application is around 35 to 50 years, and it is around 20 to 35 years on Tinder. Match will let you search for certain profiles, but Tinder does not have that option. It is said that match is more dedicated to building relationships, while Tinder is mostly used for hookups.
- Coming to the price, you need to pay around 16.99 dollars per month for a year to use even the basic features of Match. However, the basic features for Tinder are free.
- The sign-up process for Tinder is much faster than in a Match. So the process of profile building is easier on Tinder.
- The user interface on Tinder is mostly more impulse-driven, where the picture of the person acts as the determining factor. Hence the chances of forming meaningful relationships on Tinder are somewhat less. On the other hand, on Match, more thought is given to what is written on the person’s profile, which is how it is more preferable to create meaningful bonds.
- Another difference is that you do not have to pay any amount to talk to each other on the Tinder app once two people have matched with each other. While on a Match, only the paid members get access to contact other members on the application.
- The free trial version is available for both applications so that you can test them out. The full subscription for Match can be a tad bit expensive as compared to Tinder. You can try to be a fully subscribed member only if you are very serious about it. Tinder Plus is also less expensive than Match.
From all the points we have discussed above, it is already pretty clear that each factor has its own winner. When pricing is considered, Tinder is definitely cheaper than match, but Match seems to be more worth it when features are considered.
Ultimately it depends on your intention regarding what you want to use these dating applications for. If you are looking for a more serious and meaningful relationship, Match is the perfect option for you. However, if you are looking for a fun night out and casual date, then Tinder could be the one you should go for. However, sometimes Tinder may also lead to genuine relationships, even though these cases seem rare.
Hopefully, this article has given you clarity about which of the two popular online dating applications is the better one for you.
Thank you for reading!