Acne is the most common and frustrating skin imperfection most of us deal with regularly. Although it is advertised as a skin problem for teenagers, many of us will continue to deal with acne and acne breakouts well into adulthood. Even though no one has perfect skin, we can conceal skin imperfections like the occasional pimple to problematic acne breakouts using makeup.
Tools and Cosmetics Needed to Cover Acne
It is important to use the correct tools when covering acne. The following are the essential makeup tools needed to achieve the look of perfect skin.
- Concealer: The Concealer needs to be a dry formula, one that is found in a stick, pot, or pencil form. Make sure it is non-comedogenic, which will not clog pores. The color should also be a perfect match for your foundation.
- Foundation: To prevent further acne breakouts, make sure the foundation is also non-comedogenic and perfectly matches the skin tone.
- Concealer Brush: Usually a tapered brush that is made out of synthetic bristles. It is important to clean the concealer brush after each use.
- Loose Powder: Using a light layer of loose powder after application will set the makeup to keep the look longer. The loose powder should be translucent or match the Concealer and Foundation.
How to Cover Up Acne
For the best results, use the following makeup techniques to cover acne.
- First, apply foundation. Don’t be concerned about concealing the acne with the foundation. Just apply the product all over the face as usual. Make sure to use a thin layer, so it doesn’t look cakey or thick. The foundation needs to blend into the skin and look natural.
- Using the concealer brush, apply a small amount of product to the pimple. If there is more than one or a cluster of spots, then apply the concealer to each one. Do not glob the concealer to the entire breakout area. For the look of perfect skin, it is important to use it to each pimple.
- Next, gently blend the product’s edges into the skin using a tapping motion with one of your fingers.
- When finished, dust a light layer of loose powder over the face to set makeup.
Even though acne is a frustrating skin imperfection, it is possible to conceal the problem with makeup and still feel beautiful. By taking care of your skin and learning to cover up acne, perfect skin will be your’s one way or the other.
Thank you for reading!